(a) When special conditions may apply. SSA may impose additional requirements, as needed, if an applicant or recipient:
(1) Has a history of poor performance,
(2) Is not financially stable,
(3) Has a management system that does not meet the standards prescribed in this part,
(4) Has not conformed to the terms and conditions of a previous award, or
(5) Is not otherwise responsible.
(b) Notice of special conditions. When imposing additional requirements, SSA will notify the recipient in writing as to:
(1) The nature of the additional requirements,
(2) The reason why the additional requirements are being imposed,
(3) The nature of the corrective action needed,
(4) The time allowed for completing the corrective actions, and
(5) The method for requesting reconsideration of the additional requirements imposed.
(c) Any special conditions will be promptly removed once the conditions that prompted them have been corrected.