Facilities & Physical Security
We depend on employees with a variety of expertise and technical specialties to manage the space our locations occupy - over 29 million square feet of office space nationwide. We use the latest monitoring and electronic security systems along with cutting-edge smart card systems to control facilities’ access points.
The Office of Facilities and Supply Management runs our facilities, supplies, and logistics programs. This office also oversees national policies to create and maintain efficiently designed facilities and safe work environments for our employees and visitors.
In the Physical Security field, the Office of Security and Emergency Preparedness oversees building and protective security, occupant emergency, emergency preparedness, and continuity of operations programs.
Skills We Look For
- Industrial Hygienist and Safety and Occupational Health experience and/or coursework
- Physical Security-related work experience and/or coursework
- Facilities Management-related work experience and/or coursework
- Architectural work experience or coursework focused on methods, techniques and applications to building design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Supplies and logistics management skills
Examples of Positions in This Area Include:
Physical Security Specialists are responsible for agency preparedness to carry out essential functions in the event of a national emergency.
Industrial Hygienists, and Safety and Occupational Health Specialists identify and resolve environmental and safety hazards in the workplace.
Architects focus on methods, techniques, and applications to design, construct, and improve our buildings.
Supply Specialists and Inventory Management Specialists manage agency warehouse operations and provide supply services and distribution.
Mechanical, Industrial, and Electrical Engineers support our team with comprehensive knowledge of advancing engineering, scientific, and mathematical principles.