We house one of the world’s largest computer installations at our Headquarters office in Baltimore, MD. Our database management and telecommunications systems are unparalleled.
IT is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing career fields. IT Specialists at Social Security apply cutting-edge technologies to maintain and create our systems and keep them up-to-date with constantly changing agency programs.
Skills We Look For
- Design, development, and implementation of network systems software and hardware
- Information Systems security, policy, and procedure development
- Design, development, and implementation of relational databases
- Web development, design, structure, functionality, security, and integrity
- Planning, requirements analysis, and validation of new programmatic and management information systems
- Analysis and refinement of systems requirements, design, validation, and implementation of programmatic software
Examples of Positions in This Area Include:
IT Specialists perform functions in a variety of computer fields. Our IT Specialists do everything from manage computer needs for the support staff to build the programs that process claims for Social Security programs.