We house one of the world’s largest computer installations at our Headquarters office in Baltimore, MD. Our database management and telecommunications systems are unparalleled.
IT is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing career fields. IT Specialists at Social Security apply cutting-edge technologies to maintain and create our systems and keep them up-to-date with constantly changing agency programs.
Skills We Look For
- Design, development, and implementation of network systems software and hardware
- Information systems security, policy, and procedure development
- Design, development, and implementation of relational databases
- Web development, design, structure, functionality, security, and integrity
- Planning, requirements analysis, and validation of new programmatic and management information systems
- Analysis and refinement of systems requirements, design, validation, and implementation of programmatic software
Examples of Positions in This Area Include:
IT Specialists perform functions in a variety of computer fields. Our IT Specialists do everything from manage computer needs for the support staff to build the programs that process claims for Social Security programs.
- Applications Software – design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing applications software
- Customer Support – planning and delivery of customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements
- Data Management – planning, development, implementation, and administration of systems for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of data
- Enterprise Architecture – analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise structural framework to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization
- Internet – technical planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of Internet, intranet, and extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of Web sites. This specialty only includes positions requiring the application of technical knowledge of Internet systems, services, and technologies
- Network Services – planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats
- Operating Systems – planning, installation, configuration, testing, implementation, and management of the systems environment in support of the organization’s IT architecture and business needs
- Policy and Planning – strategic planning, capital planning and investment control, workforce planning, policy and standards development, resource management, knowledge management, architecture and infrastructure planning and management, auditing, and information security management
- Security – ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools
- Systems Administration – planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems
- Systems Analysis – applying analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations