State Data Exchange Model Agreements
State Model Agreements for State Administration of Federally-Funded and State-Funded Benefit Programs
Federally- Funded and State Administered
- Computer Matching and Privacy Protection Act (CMPPA) Agreement – Agreement between SSA and the state or state agency that covers all the essential provisions needed for a computer matching agreement, i.e., follows the requirements of the CMPPA of 1988. There are two CMPPA Model agreements: CMPPA State Level and CMPPA Agency Level.
- Information Exchange Agreement/Federal (IEA/F) – Agreement between SSA and the state or state agency that accompanies the State Level or Agency Level CMPPA agreement, i.e., the CMPPA agreement is an attachment to the IEA/F. The IEA/F describes in additional detail the type of data SSA discloses for the program(s) specified in the agreement, as well as the authorized data exchange system(s), data delivery method, and additional security requirements. There are two IEA/F Model agreements: IEA/F State Level and IEA/F Agency Level.
State – Funded and State Administered
- Information Exchange Agreement/State (IEA/S) – A stand-alone agreement between SSA and the state or state agency that contains the same detailed information in the IEA/F, with the exception that this agreement covers state-funded, state-administered programs. There are two IEA/S Model agreements: IEA/S State Level and IEA/S Agency Level. The current number of IEA/S agreements are static; any new requests for SSA data for the administration of state-funded, state administered benefit programs will require reimbursement and the use of the R-IEA.
- Reimbursable Information Exchange Agreement (R-IEA) – Agreement between SSA and the state agency for the state agency’s administration of state-funded programs (as identified in the agreement). There is a charge to the state agency for the SSA data provided under this agreement; SSA must seek reimbursement for the costs of performing data exchanges for the state agency’s administration of state-funded programs. State Model R-IEA
SSA is the Source Agency
- Social Security Online Verification (SSOLV) Agreement – Agreement between State Motor Vehicle Administrations (MVA) or other State Agencies that administer identification card programs and SSA to assist the MVAs in establishing identity to administer their driver’s license and identification card programs.
- Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Agreement – Agreement between SSA and the State MVAs that allows the MVAs to verify the identity of voters who do not have driver's licenses and are registering to vote through their Motor Vehicle Administrations.
SSA is the Recipient Agency
- Interstate Benefit Inquiry (IBIQ Agreement – Agreement between SSA and the state agency that documents the terms and conditions under which SSA will access online wage and unemployment records from the state agency though the Interstate Connection Network (ICON). IBIQ provides SSA with the most recent quarterly wage data and weekly unemployment insurance benefit payment data.
- SSA Access to State Records Online (SASRO) Agreement – Agreement between SSA and the state agency that documents the terms and conditions under which SSA will electronically access the state agency’s records. SASRO means SSA employees have online access to State records. This electronic single query access facilitates our assignment of Social Security numbers and helps us verify eligibility and establish payment amounts for Title II and Title XVI beneficiaries.