The Office of Research, Demonstration, and Employment Support conducts research and analysis related to the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs. We support the employment of SSDI and SSI beneficiaries by administering employment support programs and developing agency policies on work incentives. Specifically, we are responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and evaluating demonstration projects to test changes to the disability programs primarily aimed at improving program administration and reducing dependency on our programs;
- Conducting research, analyses, evaluations, and statistical modeling that support the agency goals of strengthening the disability programs and improving program integrity;
- Developing occupational information tailored for the agency's disability programs;
- Administering employment support programs for disabled beneficiaries who want to work. We manage the Ticket to Work and Vocational Rehabilitation Cost Reimbursement Programs, the Work Incentives Planning and Assistance program, and the Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security program; and
- Developing work incentive policies and providing operational advice and technical support to the rest of the agency on employment support programs and policies.