THINGS THIS TOOL WILL NOT DO:
- Access your personal Social Security records.
- Make binding determinations.
- Allow you to make changes to your claim or benefits.
- Start or stop withholding taxes from your benefits. You must contact the Social Security Administration to start or stop withholding taxes from your benefits. You may be asked to complete forms or provide evidence before we change your tax withholding.
- Determine whether your Social Security benefits are payable to you outside the United States. The Payments Abroad Screening Tool will help you learn if your Social Security benefits will continue when you leave the United States.
- Determine your tax liabilities to the IRS or the tax authority of any other country. This tool is not to be used as tax guidance. You should contact IRS for tax guidance.
- Allow you to file your Federal income tax with IRS. You must contact IRS for information about filing your Federal income tax.
- Other actions available on SSA’s website:
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ANY CHANGES IN YOUR CITIZENSHIP OR RESIDENCY MAY CHANGE YOUR TAX STATUS.
To begin using the Nonresident Alien Tax Screening Tool, click on the START button below.