2011 SSI Annual Report Historical document
The Annual Report of the Supplemental Security Income Program, issued in May 2011, provides comprehensive information on
the SSI program in
accordance with the mandate in section 231 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996.
This report includes an Executive Summary as well as:
- A comprehensive description of the SSI program;
- 25 year projections of future recipients and program costs;
- A historical summary of statutory changes to the SSI program;
- Historical and current data relating to various aspects of the SSI program; and
- Summaries of any relevant research on the SSI program by SSA or others.
The SSI Report includes a statement
by the Social Security Advisory Board as allowed by the
SSI Annual Reports (PDF or print versions) are available for all years and
may be requested by filling out our
request form. The first SSI Report
was published in 1997.