A secure, comfortable retirement is every worker's dream. And now because we're living longer, healthier lives, we can expect to spend more time in retirement than our parents and grandparents did.
Achieving the dream of a secure, comfortable retirement is much easier when you plan your finances.
How The Social Security Retirement Planner Can Help You Now
This planner provides detailed information about your Social Security retirement benefits under current law. It also points out things you may want to consider as you prepare for the future. If you are:
- Looking for information, you can:
- Find your retirement age,
- Estimate your life expectancy,
- Estimate Your Retirement Benefits,
- Use our other benefit calculators to test different retirement ages or future earnings amounts,
- Learn about Social Security programs,
- Find out what happens if you
- Learn how certain types of earnings and pensions can affect your benefits.
- Already near retirement age, you can:
- Discover your retirement options,
- Get information about how members of your family may qualify for benefits,
- Find instructions on how to apply for benefits and what supporting documents you may need to furnish, and
- Apply for retirement benefits.
- Close to age 65, you can find out how to apply for just Medicare. You may need to sign up for Medicare close to your 65th birthday, even if you are still working.
- Some health insurance plans change automatically at age 65.
- If you are getting Social Security benefits when you turn 65, your Medicare Hospital Benefits will start automatically.
Note: Depending on what you own and how much income you have, you may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) when you are 65 or older.
You also may be eligible for SSI prior to age 65 if you are disabled or blind.
|View a demo of our Online Retirement Benefit Application.|