Watch our video How Social Security Can Help You Plan for Retirement, to understand the role that Social Security plays in retirement planning. In addition, knowing the planning tools and other help available from Social Security makes retirement planning so much easier.
Online Applications For Social Security Benefits
Social Security offers online applications for retirement, spouse’s, Medicare and disability benefits.
Benefit EstimatesChoose the Retirement Estimator to estimate potential retirement benefit amounts using different retirement dates and levels of future earnings.
If you need information about disability and survivor benefit amounts, in case of disability or death as well as retirement benefits, choose one of our Other Benefit Calculators.
- Online Retirement Estimator
- Retirement Benefits
- Understanding The Benefits
- What Every Woman Should Know
- Medicare Premiums: Rules For Higher-Income Beneficiaries
- When To Start Receiving Retirement Benefits
- Your Retirement Benefit: How It Is Figured
- Update 2014
If You Already Have A Benefit EstimateBenefit amounts can be affected by a number of different factors. If you already have a benefit estimate, use the information on:
- "More charts & calculators" to find out how different situations affect the Social Security benefit amount, and
- "Other things to consider" to help decide when it's the best time to start benefits.
Related Retirement Information
- Full Retirement Age
- Delayed Retirement Credits
- Benefits for your spouse
- Frequently Asked Retirement Questions
- If you work and get benefits
- Paying income tax on Social Security benefits
- Government Pension Offset
- The Windfall Elimination Provision
- Retirement Planner: Suspending Retirement Benefit Payments
- If You Change Your Mind
- Information You'll Need When You Apply for Retirement Benefits or Medicare
Other Social Security Information
- Get Or Replace A Social Security Card
- Change a name on a Social Security card
- Identity theft and your Social Security number
- Reporting the death of someone getting benefits
Under certain circumstances, Social Security can provide a speaker to discuss our programs, benefits, and services. We provide speakers free of charge, and they are generally available during business hours only. If you'd like to have a Social Security representative speak at a conference, pre-retirement seminar or study group meeting, please visit our Request a Speaker page.