Downloadable Statement Developers Guide
The Machine Readable Downloadable Statement Developers Guide provides guidance for companies to develop financial and retirement planning software that will read the file generated by SSA and provided by a my Social Security user who has downloaded their file. It includes a file format guide to aid software developers in understanding the layout of the machine-readable file. The file format guide will include information such as what fields may appear in the file, their possible values, and short descriptions of each.
Campaign for a Secure Retirement
Support our Campaign for a Secure Retirement: Helping Millions of Americans Plan and Save for Retirement. Help us help the public understand the importance of saving for retirement by taking the Pledge.
Online Applications For Social Security Benefits
Social Security offers online applications for retirement, spouse’s, Medicare and disability benefits.
Visit our Calculators page to get an estimate of your future benefits or find out how other factors, such as work or a pension from a job not covered by Social Security, can affect your benefits.
You may also want to read “Other things to consider" to help decide when it's the best time to start benefits.
- Retirement Benefits
- Understanding The Benefits
- What Every Woman Should Know
- Medicare Premiums: Rules For Higher-Income Beneficiaries
- When To Start Receiving Retirement Benefits
- Your Retirement Benefit: How It Is Figured
Related Retirement Information
- Full Retirement Age
- Delayed Retirement Credits
- Benefits for your spouse
- Retirement Planner: Suspending Retirement Benefit Payments
- If You Change Your Mind
- If you work and get benefits
- Paying income tax on Social Security benefits
- Government Pension Offset
- The Windfall Elimination Provision
- Information You'll Need When You Apply for Retirement Benefits or Medicare
- Frequently Asked Retirement Questions
Other Social Security Information
- Get Or Replace A Social Security Card
- Change a name on a Social Security card
- Identity theft and your Social Security number
- Reporting the death of someone getting benefits
Under certain circumstances, Social Security can provide a speaker to discuss our programs, benefits, and services. We provide speakers free of charge, and they are generally available during business hours only. If you'd like to have a Social Security representative speak at a conference, pre-retirement seminar or study group meeting, please visit our Request a Speaker page.