To assist us in processing your payment(s) as quickly as possible, the following information constitutes a proper invoice for payment as required by the Prompt Payment Act:
- Contractor's Name.
- Complete bank information for direct deposit payments and business mailing address.
- Invoice Date.
- Invoice Number.
- Contractor's Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- SSA's contract or purchase order number.
- Description, price, and quantity of goods or services delivered.
- Shipping and payment terms.
- Other substantiating documentation or information as required by the contract or purchase order.
Please Note: Vendors registered in SAM should include their DUNS Number on the invoice.
Payments are processed in accordance with the terms of the vendor's authorizing document. If the authorizing document does not state the terms, the Prompt Payment Act (PPA) states that SSA has 30 days from the date the invoice is received by the designated SSA office to pay it if all the goods and services billed were received.
Invoices can be submitted by mail, e-mail, or fax. Please refer to your authorizing document for the preferred method of payment.