04/08/13 - A new version of AccuWage/AccuW2C software (1.2.0) is now available to download.
- This version corrects a problem with large submission files with errors that don’t contain record delimiters. These files were receiving Testing Completed/No Errors messages in AccuWage/AccuW2C instead of an error message if an error was present.
- This version also corrects two problems in the RA record Contact Email/Internet field. If a hyphen is placed anywhere after the first domain, an error message was being displayed. If an invalid email address was 40 characters, the software was running in an endless loop on the first record.
12/10/12 - AccuWage and AccuW2C software for 2012 are designed to test wage reports in the current EFW2 - EFW2C formats. The most current versions of AccuWage and AccuW2C work with current and prior year wage submissions.
- A new version of AccuWage and AccuW2C software for 2012 (1.1.0) are now available for download.
- This version corrects the problem in the RA records for the Contact E-mail/Internet field. If an invalid E-mail address comprised of over 35 characters was entered in the field, the software could potentially run in endless loops.
- This version also corrects the problem in the RE records for the three keyboard characters ‘[‘, ‘ ]’ and ‘\’. The fields that allow keyboard characters were receiving error messages when any of the keyboard characters were used.
- Previous versions of the AccuWage and AccuW2C software have been removed from the AccuWage website. We recommend that wage submitters uninstall prior versions of AccuWage and AccuW2C before they download the software for the current tax year.
10/01/12 - The AccuW2C 2012 software is now available to download.
- AccuW2C 2012 is only available in the Java version. We encourage you to send feedback to the AccuWage mailbox at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AccuWage 2012 is only available in the Java version. We encourage you to send feedback to the AccuWage mailbox at:
- The Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7.0_02 and higher is experiencing an issue making it not compatible with AccuWage and AccuW2C. The links to the Help Guide and the uninstall page from the Programs Menu will not work. Please use the Help Guide available in the software or download from the link available on the right side of the page. To uninstall AccuWage or AccuW2C, please select the link on the right side of the page for the software you would like to uninstall.
- Visit our Troubleshooting page for help with downloading problems.
- The Help Guide contains extensive information regarding viewing, testing and correcting errors in wage report files.
AccuWage/AccuW2C is free software from Social Security.
- AccuWage is for use with Electronic Filing W-2 - EFW2
- AccuW2C is for use with Electronic Filing W-2c - EFW2C
The software allows you to check W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and W-2c (Corrected Wage and Tax Statement) reports for correctness before you send them to Social Security.
First, you need to download and install AccuWage/AccuW2C software on your PC. Then, specify the directory where your W2REPORT or W2CREPORT file is located. AccuWage/AccuW2C reads the file and informs you of any errors it detects.
The AccuWage/AccuW2C software identifies most of the common format errors in wage submissions. Using this software greatly reduces submission rejections. Please be aware that even if no errors are identified by AccuWage/AccuW2C, your submission could be returned because of other errors.
The user explicitly acknowledges that all shareware obtained from this site is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and that the risk of using shareware obtained from this site, including the entire costs of all necessary remedies, is with that user.
- To test wage reports created in the 2012 EFW2 format for submission during calendar year 2013, download AccuWage 2012 - Tax Year.
- To test wage reports created in the 2012 EFW2C format for submission during calendar year 2013, download AccuW2C - 2012 Tax Year.
- Download AccuWage - 2012 Tax Year
- Download AccuW2C - 2012 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuWage - 2012 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuW2C - 2012 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuWage Java - 2011 Tax Year
- Uninstall AccuW2C Java - 2011 Tax Year
- EFW2 - EFW2C
- AccuWage 2012 Help Guide
- AccuW2C 2012 Help Guide
- Installation Guide