Facts About Our Region
- We have 2,431 employees located in the Regional Office, the Mid-America Program Service Center, teleservice centers and field offices.
- The 110 employees of the Kansas City Regional Office coordinate Social Security regional operations and provide administrative support for Social Security components.
- The 1,013 employees of the Mid-America Program Service Center (MAMPSC) provide monthly checks and maintain payment records for more than 10.6 million people who receive about $11.6 billion in benefits each month based on Social Security numbers issued in 11 states.
- The Kansas City Teleservice Center and their 125 employees are part of the world's largest 800 number network, providing toll-free service nationwide.
- The 68 field offices in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska and their 1,183 employees serve 2.9 million people who receive monthly benefits totaling more than $3 billion.